Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Perspective

One of the other moms in K's preschool had her 3rd child, a boy, almost a month ago. She brought her baby to preschool the first day on September 3rd and I saw him for the first time. He was so tiny. D, who I think is quite petite, looked rather large in comparison.

At home that day I was still dwelling on how tiny that baby boy was. I remembered she'd sent baby announcements by email so I went to check out his birth stats.

At birth, he weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.

D, at birth, weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce. She was even tinier than that tiny baby.

How quickly they grow, and how quickly we forget!

5 people like me!:

Anonymous said...

I am still in shock that Ethan is over a year old. People ask and I choke and stumble with his age.

Kirsetin Morello said...

So true. I have a 90 pounder, an 80 pounder, and a50 pounder now. When our neighbor had a baby three months ago, none of us could believe that they'd all been that small. Hang tight, Heather, it's gonna fly!

Kate said...

So true! While my 2 year old is the baby in our family, he looks huge next to a newborn!!

Damselfly said...

It's true! A friend had a baby just three months before Fly was born. When my friend got to hold Fly for the first time, she thought Fly was "so tiny -- light as a feather," she kept saying. And her boy was only three months old!

Alex Elliot said...

My younger one always looks like a baby to me until I see someone's baby!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs