Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation Recap: June 20 and 21...And THE END

Waaah! Last day!!

There are no scheduled resort activities today so we plan to go to Longville this morning with B and K to get some ice cream. (M and E got some yesterday.)

I've been asked approximately 143 times when I'm going in the boat but I just don't think that the bumps would be very good for my incision, especially since it is just starting to heal.

The day started lovely again. I haven't been able to do a lot of the usual activities that I do up here since I have Ms. D and my incision issues, but I really wanted to come this year anyway for Miss M and K Man. They were looking forward to the trip since we left last year.

It's fun to think that next year we'll probably have Ms. D toddling along, trying to keep up with her siblings and cousins.

The trip to Longville took two cars to hold everyone since all 5 grandchildren decided to go, plus me, Craig, Kristi, Amma and one of my Aunts. Craig got more gas for the boat and filled up the truck for the trip home tomorrow.

We headed to Frosty's for a refreshing ice cream cone or bowl. It was quite delicious. B rode in our truck with K, D, Craig and I on the way back to the resort. B was feeling a little cranky at Frosty's because he had to share the rubber balls he got out of a machine with his little brother. His sour mood didn't last long on the ride though. It was nothing a little Korn and some rockin' out couldn't fix.

Back at the resort, the kids did some more tubing and the other adults did some floating. D and I hung out on the beach for a little while, then headed to the cabin to nurse and then get the laptop. We went to the lodge for Webkinz duty. On the way there, we witnessed K and E pouring water down their swim trunks. Apparently it was a good time.

Supper was pork sandwiches. Yada, yada, yada, it was yummy and so on.

After supper my Aunt braided my hair like she used to when I was a kid --which she now does for M when we're on vacation.

Evening activities included deflating rafts, getting things packed and watching a little TV. Also lamenting the fact that the vacation was over.

On the ride home, K started to complain that his seat belt was too tight on his tummy. I blew him off impatiently and told him he just needed to keep his seat belt on and I didn't want to hear any more complaining.

Naturally, he barfed moments later.

Once he got the yuckies out of his tummy though he seemed fine. We got him cleaned up and the rest of the trip home was uneventful other than a stop at my uncle's house for a short lunch/birthday party for him.

I'm ready for next year. Sort of.

1 people like me!:

Damselfly said...

Good times. What a nice family photo of you all!

Blog Designed by : NW Designs