Thursday, November 8, 2007

Please mean it's over

After spending the fourth night sleeping in my daughter's twin bed because I was coughing so much I was keeping everyone else up besides myself, I decided that 10 days is long enough to endure this cough.

I called the nurse and asked if I could be seen or if I was s.o.l. and would just have to continue to endure. She said I should be seen. So an appointment was scheduled for 1:45 yesterday.

I wanted K to take a nap so I set the alarm on my cell phone to alert me when my appointment time was drawing near.

I needn't have worried. I woke up about 10 minutes before the alarm was due to sound because I started coughing. Then I coughed so hard that I threw up a little bit in my mouth. Now that, THAT, is NOT fun. I could lie and say that was the first time that has happened this week, but it's happened 2 other times.

So once I quit barfing and got K and myself ready to go I realized that I wasn't coughing as much. Probably because my insides were raw from the mass exodus of my lunch.

We arrived at the doctor's office at the specified time and proceeded to wait until 20 minutes after my appointment time. (Which meant we were waiting for 35 minutes before I saw the doctor.) I was nervously coughing and checking my cell phone clock to see how much time I had before I'd have to go get Miss M at school.

The nurse took my blood pressure (101/62), temp., and made me step on the scale to get a height and weight. (Height? Do they really think I'm going to change height in a week?) It turns out that I have lost 2 pounds since last monday.

Finally the doctor entered and listened to my lungs. He said he thought he heard a rattle there which could indicate pneumonia, or it could be pertussis or any number of other respiratory illnesses. My pregnancy, of course, threw a wrench in his grand plan of treatment, but he eventually decided upon amoxicillin.

As K and I walked into the waiting area, on our way out, I asked him rather impatiently "where's your hat? Did you leave it in the car?"

K looked at me like I was crazy. And, of course, I am.

It was then that I remembered that I had taken his hat and put it in my coat pocket. You know, so it wouldn't get lost.

4 people like me!:

S said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better ASAP.

Anonymous said...

be better quick!!!

Damselfly said...

Aw, you poor thing! I was sick while pregnant too, and couldn't take anything for it. Miserable!

Hope you feel better!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Ah, you weren't kidding when you said you couldn't stop coughing at our meeting. We took a vote after you left and fortunately for you we decided to still let you be a member. You're welcome.

p.s. Hope you feel better NOW!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs