Monday, November 5, 2007

Celebrate at the Zebras Week 1

The celebration begins! Because I'm expecting my 3rd child we're celebrating this month! I will be 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow...almost to that magic number 12 where the big "M" word risk drops to almost nothing.


So, I'm giving away books. They all relate to pregnancy or parenthood in some way...because I like a theme.


Here are the selections:


First, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, MPH. It even has a CD-Rom of some sort of fertility software. I bought the book but was too lazy to do the charting and stuff. I did read the section on medication and their effect on fertility however, and it is there that I learned that ibuprofen can really mess up your cycles causing fertility problems. Lo and behold, 2 months after I cut out ibuprofen I pee on the stick and get the positive sign. So, apparently the book works even if you're lazy like me.


Second, Confessions to my Mother by Cathy Guisewite. This is the Cathy who draws the comic strip. The book is a cute collection of, well, confessions to her mother. Some of my favorites: "Every piece of your advice that I've rejected I've now given to someone else." "If I'd had any idea how hard it is to be a parent, I would have been way nicer to you." and "The sweetest things you do for me are some of the most annoying."


Last, The Safe Child: How to Encourage Safety Awareness in your Child or Teenager by Richard C. Gossage. This book has safety tips for you and your child at home and at different locations such as malls or parks. It also has a section on bullying. A lot of common sense stuff, but some things you may not have thought about.


So there are your choices! Remember to post the button on your blog or write a post about this giveaway to qualify, then come back here and leave a comment telling me which (or all) book you want to win!


Check out the full rules here.

Next week there will be a novel in the bunch too.

7 people like me!:

Alex Elliot said...

That is a fabulous contest! Congratulations to you again.

Sandy said...

Definitely the "Confessions to My Mother" book. I used to love Cathy.

soccer mom in denial said...

What an awesome contest! I don't need books so I'll wait to see what happens in next weeks.

Ginny said...

Thanks for the email, I didn't even see the choice, oops! I would love to win Confessions to my Mother by Cathy Guisewite sounds like a really funny read!

wayabetty said...

I'm so happy for you Heather! There's a lot of pregnant ladies on the blogsophere, I better not drink the water. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I would love to win the book: The Safe Child.

I blogged ya here http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/11/monday-edition-of-contests-galore.html

and here

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/11/tuesday-edition-of-contests-galore.html

Rockin' Mama said...

I have no idea if this has ended or not but I have put your button (which is very cute btw) on my sidebar. I would love the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I actually have a 5 month old so we didn't have difficulty. I actually want to read it to get a better understanding of fertility.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs