Tuesday, May 8, 2007

7 weird facts or habits

The fabulous Kate at Eucalyptus Pillow tagged me for a meme to write about "7 habits or facts about me." They apparently don't have to be weird, but if I make them weird things I can play along with Tater and Tot where I was tagged for the "7 weird things about me" meme. We'll just call this both memes.

Fact: I am trying to cook new things for supper and lately have been trying low-cal recipes for the slow cooker. I've tried two so far and they were better than I thought they'd be. Unfortunately I end up eating a "snack" later on in the evening because I tell myself how "good" I was at supper time for eating a low-cal meal. Sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it? I'll probably post the recipes soon.

Habit: Whenever I weigh myself, I step on the scale, get the reading and step off. Then I wait for the scale to zero and step on the scale again. Repeat until I get the same number twice. Usually it only takes twice, but sometimes it takes more for some reason. I should really just stop the weighing habit, it's never a happy number.

Fact: I love 80s movies. The standard ones like The Breakfast Club or Pretty in Pink or even Lucas. But I also really like Grease 2. There's just something about the story of a geeky exchange student from England trying to impress Michelle Pfeiffer by learning to ride a motorcycle and keeping his true identity a secret by wearing a helmet. With songs that teach all about Reproduction (where does the pollen go?) or give guys another angle to work into their girlfriend's pants (let's do it for our country, the red, white and the blue, it's not a lot to ask of us, your parents will approve...I'll be a mighty soldier before this night is through; let's do it for our country, our country wants us to) it really sends a wholesome message. When I was younger and saw the movie I wanted to be cool like Michelle and sang in my room if you really wanna know, what I want in a guy, well I'm lookin' for a dream on a mean machine with hell in his eye...

Yeah, I know. I need help. But I'm not the only closet Grease 2 lover. Anyone else want to admit your problem?

Habit: I have a set order that I check or read blogs in. Well, there are a few that I check regularly and those are in the pattern. I won't share my pattern, but I know it's a bit OCD.

Fact: I point out spelling errors on TV news or in print and laugh about them with my husband and mom. I'm sure I have spelled something wrong in this post now that someone else will point out and laugh about. But the thing is, this isn't a paid gig. When I was paid to produce print materials, you can bet your ass I had several people help me proof read. I went over the copy several times just myself as well. In my journalistic skills class in college I was the top student. You would earn an automatic "F" if you spelled a proper name wrong...because that's the worst thing you can do in print...spell someone's name wrong. (It also applied to businesses, etc.) The truth is, you look incompetent if you spell things wrong in an ad or a news story, or even just writing a memo or email. And it ticks people off if you spell their name wrong. Like I said, I'm guilty too.

Fact: I started to cross-stitch a baby blanket for my sister-in-law when she was pregnant with her first son. He's now 5 years old. The blanket is still not finished, but it is getting close. She's totally NOT getting that blanket. I think I might be buried with it if I ever finish it. Or maybe I'll finish it while laying in my casket.

Fact: When my daughter toots, especially in the car, she'll ask me first if I heard it, then if I can smell it. And I actually sniff to see if I do.

So there you have it. Seven more things about me that you wish you didn't know.

I'm going to tag Sandy and Kara.

5 people like me!:

Mom Thumb said...

I crocheted afghans for all my nieces and nephews. When the last niece came along, I started one. Ended up unraveling it and still have the yarn in a bag in the closet. She'll be 9 next month. Not sure what I'm going to do with the yarn. . .

Kara said...

Oh, thanks for the tag! :( I don't know if I have any more facts to share about me. I'll dig something up...........

I think we had a conversation about unfinished cross-stitches. I'll have to mention my tree skirt. I've requested to be shrouded in mine when I die if nobody else wants it. Yah, one of THOSE projects.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I was channel surfing the other night and just happened to catch the beginning of The Breakfast Club. I laughed at the idea of watching it. Two hours later I was watching the closing credits. Funny how that happens.

Damselfly said...

I wanna C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R....

Kate said...

Thanks for playing! I totally LOVE 80s music. And next to Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club is probably the funniest movie out of that decade!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs