Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines and songs

Miss M woke up this morning and found a stuffed unicorn from her Daddy. Big score for Daddy.

I had bought the kids some heart-shaped pasta at the World Market so that's what we ate for lunch. Miss M also got a little stamp set which she stamped all over a piece of paper. Then she wrote on it and handed it to me. It took me a few moments to realize what she had written. MOM. Clear as day. And I didn't tell her how to spell it. I think this is my favorite Valentine ever. (Sorry Craig. I loved your card too.)

I also received 3 books in the mail that I'd ordered from Barnes and Noble. Happy Valentines Day to me.

Miss M had preschool, during which the K man and I took a nap at home. We're talking K man fell asleep in the car, I got him out of his car seat, took his coat off and changed his poopie diaper all while he continued sleeping. Then he and I relaxed in the La-Z-Boy. We sawed logs. I'm sure it was quite noisy. The cat probably went downstairs so she could sleep in peace.

We stopped at Boppa and Amma's house to deliver their valentines before Miss M's choir practice. K stayed at Boppa and Amma's to wait for his Dad to pick him up while M and I went to church.

M's choir is learning a dance to perform at the church talent show. It's too cute. Seriously.

One of the 6 year old girls in the choir brought cookies for all her friends. Her mom told me that Raquel had asked her what M's little brother's name was "you know, the one with the big brown eyes," because she wanted to give him a cookie too. Heart breaker at 2. Sigh.

Miss M was singing (and coaching K) on the way to Boppa and Amma's house:

Baa Baa Black Sheep have you any were?
Yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags 4.
One for the master, one for my name.
One for the little child who libes down the lane.

.......................

K woke up this morning and found a tube of Desitin in a basket on his dresser. Obviously it has been in there for a while and I was unaware of its presence. The tube is no longer located in his room.

......................

Happy Valentine's Day, all.

3 people like me!:

Kara said...

Sounds like a great day! I love M's lyrics to Baa Baa....

Bonnie B said...

So just where did the Desitin end up? when this happened to me, I found it smeared into our new carpet (ruined it)

Sandy said...

The boys once used some Desitin to give their carpet a nice bleach job.

Glad to hear you had a nice day. MOM...what a great word to read on a Valentine.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs