Sunday, June 25, 2006

Our vacation...the good, the bad and the ugly--Part 1

As with every family vacation that anyone has ever had...ours had its great and not-so-great moments. But my parents put the deposit down to hold "our" cabins for next year, so there was much more great than not-so-great.

Before I get into the nitty-gritty, let me set the scene: I went on vacation for 1 week "up north" with my family...not just my hubby and kids, but also my parents (who we shared a cabin with), my brother, sister-in-law and their 2 boys (4 and 2), my Aunt Kay, my Aunt Sue, Uncle Myron and my cousins Chelsea (18) and Justin(15). And we stayed in 3 cabins...here's the one I stayed in with my hubby, kids and parents. It's HUGE! ...er, maybe not.



This is the living area. There was a remote control for the TV. Even though you could just lean forward and change the channel...although there was only one channel so that wasn't even necessary.

This is the kitchen. Note the location of the fridge to the back door. If you wanted to get anything out of the fridge you had to close the door. It was cozy.

This is the bedroom that I shared with the kids most nights. The last half of the week M slept in another bedroom with her Dad. K's pack-n-play just barely fit at the end of the bed between the bed and the wall. He slept there. M wanted to sleep on the top bunk but I was a scaredy-Mommy and wouldn't let her. Maybe next year.

More to come...and more photos so get prepared!

2 people like me!:

Sandy said...

That's such a funny posting! Love the captions for the pictures. By the way, where "up north"? We're going up that way in August, so I want to make sure we bring our Quilted Northern with us if need be...

Heather said...

We went to a resort called Kee-Nee-Moo-Sha around Hackinsack, MN. It's on Woman Lake.

Never hurts to bring the "good stuff"...it only hurts not to.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs