Sunday, June 4, 2006

Oh yeah, free ice cream

Just had to post about the day today because it was pretty good.

We lazed about the house for awhile this morning. Then, we went to McDonald's (which is really unusual for us to go out to eat) for lunch. We took it to go and ate at a local park. Then we rented a paddle boat and managed to fit Craig, the kids and my fat butt on there. M, who is fearless...I mean FEARLESS, got scared and wanted to go back to shore. Go figure.

Then we came home, K and I took a nap. M and her Dad worked on the boat, getting it ready for our vacation "up north" in 3 weeks.

My SIL called and said the sweetest words. "They're giving free ice cream." At Cold Stone Creamery. Mmmm. But only until 4. When I heard of the goodies to be had it was 3. You can bet we headed out asap. Diet be damned.

Mmmmm. Apparently it's Dairy Month or something like that. Let's just say there was a Dairy Princess in the store. (For those not from the midwest, this is a serious thing. And a weird thing. Believe me, we know.---ever seen Drop Dead Gorgeous? If you're from the midwest this is a hilarious movie...it might be regional-hilarious though.) Craig got something called "Berry Berry Berry Good" with Raspberries, Strawberries and Blueberries. M and K got "Oreo Overload." I got "Peanut Butter Cup Perfection." And it was. If we'd paid for it all it would have been a ridiculous $12. Mmmm. Free ice cream tastes the best.

Speaking of movies, I think Fargo and Raising Arizona are also hilarious. Might be the midwestern humor again though.

A coworker of Craig's recommended and lent us a copy of Napoleon Dynamite. We both thought it was dumb when we watched it. Well, we both did until Craig heard that the vast majority thinks it's hilarious. Now he also thinks it's hilarious. I still think it sucked rocks. But that's just me. As you've read, I do things my own wrong way.

Ni-night.

3 people like me!:

Kurt Schroeder said...

Napoleon Dynamite had it's lame parts, but I thought it was funny. Not funny enough to watch it dozens of times like I've heard of many people doing, but it beats the pants off most of the teen high school movies coming out of Hollywood these days. And the soundtrack is good, too. Plus they did the movie on a miniscule budget -- $400,000. Gotta support the little people!

Karen said...

I find Napoleon Dynamite oddly captivating because my brother-in-law (an extremely intelligent Harvard-educated music teacher) could easily have been very similar to him during his teen years.

I really, really, REALLY wish that I'd gotten some free ice cream.

Heather said...

Yeah, I figured I'd be in the minority on this one. Oh well. So I'm weird. Not a shocker, really!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs