Sunday, June 11, 2006

Birthday party planning...ugh.

I'm trying to get birthday invitations made for my kids. We're doing just one big party this year, for both kids. Last year we (I) were crazy and did 4 parties...2 family parties and 2 friends parties. I asked M if it would be okay to have both her and K's party at the same time (since K couldn't care less) and she said "sure." I have that Martha Stewart-like addiction that I've mentioned...especially with my kids' parties, so I'm making the invites again this year. Although I'm quite proud, I've made only 4 and then photo-copied the fronts for the rest. It's a step toward recovery for me.

So I was trying to get M to pick 4 friends to invite, since K will have 4 friends invited. (I'll change the letters in some cases, so not to offend.) Here's that conversation:

"So, who do you want to come to your party?"

"Oh, B." (her cousin)

"Yeah, he's family, so he's invited...what about friends?"

"Oh, well, S."

"Okay, who else?"

"The kitty."

"Well, she lives here, so she'll be at the party. What about your friends from school?"

"Oh, M"

"Okay, who else?"

"The kitty."

"Yeah, she'll be there. What other friends? What about A?"

"Oh yeah! A!"

"Okay, who else?"

"Oh, the kitty."

"Yep, she's there. Who else? What about X?"

"No!"

hmmm. weird. "Okay, what about Y or W?"

"Yes, Y and W."

"Well, you need to pick one, only 1 more friend."

"Oh, well, W. and his baby." (his baby sister) "S has a baby too, will she come?"

"Don't know, we'll invite her though okay?"

"Okay, I'm going to play my game now." (Read: quit bugging me Mom!)

Okay, I'm going to go work on the invites some more... (Read:...quit bugging Mommy)

2 people like me!:

Kurt Schroeder said...

If you invite me I will bring a kitty. Can you provide a frog?

Heather said...

Well, we really don't need another kitty...since ours is already going to be there. And I know about your kitty. No use trying to pawn it off on us.

We have a whole pond full of frogs in the drainage pond behind our house. Take as many as you like. They're quite noisy in the evening.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs