Friday, June 16, 2006

birthday party invites...and other stuff

So I think I said before that last year I (insanely) had 4 birthday parties for my 2 children. 1 "friend" party and 1 "family" party for each of them. Since both of my children were born in July, one week apart, I didn't know how to handle the party situation.

This year, I decided to do one big party. As I said before, M is fine with it, K doesn' t care if he has a party or not.

So then I was wondering how to do the "theme" for both kids. So I adapted an idea from Parents magazine. I decided the party would have an "initial" theme. (And a sort of Thomas the Train theme too.)

So here are my invites that I made (well, the covers anyway). I made individual invites for the friends who are really just friends with the one kid, and made an invite with both kids' initials for family and friends who are invited for both kids.

So there they are. I was going to hand-make all of them, but discovered it would take FOREVER to do, so I made one or two of each kind, then photocopied them. Much easier. My inner Martha is disappointed in me though.

Anywho. Other random stuff...

M finished her swimming lessons today for the "year" and graduated to level 2, although she's already doing some things for level 2 as well. She isn't wearing her "floatie" in the water anymore and has no qualms going underwater. Mommy is proud.

M sneezed and said "Oh Mommy I have the Bless you's!"

If I don't have time tomorrow night, this may be the last post until after my vacation...I'm sure I'll be in withdrawals by Monday night.

Ni-Night.

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs