Monday, July 22, 2019

And Now She is Seventeen

Miss M is an amazing young lady who has a kind heart and takes no shit from anybody. I say this all the time...I am a lucky mom to have such a beautiful and intelligent daughter.

And now she's having another birthday. She's 17. SEVENTEEN! It's so true that the years fly by. I remember thinking that my kids were going to be little forever and I'd never have a chance to use the bathroom alone and now they're all getting older. And M will be attending college for her last year of high school.

I suppose she wouldn't be a teenager if she didn't test me and get embarrassed by me. I'm sure I disappoint her every day. She is spoiled in many ways and I don't think she realizes it. She pretty much always gets what she wants. She helps out when she really has to help. She loves hanging out with her dad working on our vehicles and our boat. She'll go shopping with her dad any time he asks, but will go with me once a year. Truth be told, she's really always been Daddy's girl.

I call this the "I am humoring you mom" look.
M puts her whole heart into the things and people she loves. She played softball with passion, always trying her best. She does her best in school. She cares about those who care about her. (If you don't at least act like you care about her, she will kick you to the curb quickly.) If she lets you be her friend, you won't find a more loyal one. But you have to prove yourself worthy. She doesn't go for fake people. If you aren't doing right, she won't hang with you.

She's tough on people. She has high expectations. She also sells herself short. Sometimes people are making an effort to be her friend but she doesn't see it.

 

Her dad and I agree that if she chooses to get married someday the man she chooses will have to be amazing and treat her as a queen. He still will probably not be good enough.

This gorgeous young woman is going places. She's already amazing. So look out world! Miss M is 17. One more year and she's making a bigger mark on the world.

I love you M. No matter what. Remember that always.

1 people like me!:

Deborah said...

Oh how quickly they grow. She has turned out to be an amzing beautiful lady (just like her mom)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs