Thursday, November 29, 2007

Recipe Rally for CHBM

I didn't feel like writing much for a blog post today (again) so I saw that CHBM had their Recipe Rally on Tuesday so I thought I'd post a recipe for that. So I'm a couple of days late. Oh well.

I have to admit that it was the category of the recipe rally that caught my eye. Everyone in my family knows how much my Mom loves squash (which is not at all) so in honor of my Mom I participate in the SQUASH recipe rally!

Cheesy Spaghetti Squash

Pierce a large spaghetti squash several times with a fork or sharp knife to allow steam to escape. Microwave on high for about 10 minutes or until soft, turning over after 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Cut squash in half. Remove and discard seeds. Use a fork to scrape the insides of the squash to form strands; reserve one squash shell. Toss with 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 2 chopped plum tomatoes and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.

Spoon squash back into shell and microwave on high for 2 minutes to heat through.

Makes 6 (1/2 cup) servings.


----------------
You're welcome Mom. Hope you enjoy your new squash recipe.

1 people like me!:

chelle said...

mmm that sounds yummy

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs